Question

Honor Student
MarkC-S
Message 1 of 3 (719 Views)
Accepted Solution

Make my HP OfficeJet 4620 print in black ink only, permanently.

I want my printer to always print in black only, on draft quality. I have gone to Devices and Printers > Printing Preferences > Advanced and changed Print in greyscale to "Black Ink Only". I've also made the same change by going to the page I wish to print and going CTRL+P > Properties > Advanced and making the same changes.

However, my printer automatically reverts to printing in full colour after only one document i.e. every time I print a new document the changes are undone and it reverts to full colour.

It is far too time consuming to repeatedly change the settings every time I print something, I have to print around 70 separate documents every morning! How to I make this change permanent?

I'm using Windows 8 if that helps.

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 3 (686 Views)

Re: Make my HP OfficeJet 4620 print in black ink only, permanently.

[ Edited ]

Hello MarkC-S,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I understand you tried changing the print settings to "Black Ink Only", but it's reverts back to color ink. As you stated, the print settings seem correct and it should be sticking permanently. How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB? I would recommend uninstalling the software.

Please follow this HP document on Uninstalling From Programs and Features.

Next, clean out your Temp folder on your computer:

1. On the keyboard, hit the Windows key and "R" key together, then type %temp%. Hit enter.
  2. Press "Ctrl" and "A" together. This will highlight everything. Right click on your mouse and select delete

Now, install the full feature software from the HP website here. Choose your correct operating system; Either 32 bit or 64 bit. If you need help installing the software, then please follow this HP document here. Choose your correct connection type.

After the installation is complete, please let me know if the "Print in black ink" sticks this time!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
MarkC-S
Message 3 of 3 (656 Views)

Re: Make my HP OfficeJet 4620 print in black ink only, permanently.

Hi,

It does seem like that has worked, thanks :smileyhappy:

Mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation