Message: ink cartridges depleted, but new HP cartridge (3470 Views)
Student
James_6700
Message 1 of 2 (3,470 Views)

I have an HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer. I have been using it for two months, black ink only (running Windows 7, home). Today I received an error message:  ink cartridges depleted. It says 'magenta cartridge depleted', but I have only printed in color one time, I've never used color since. I have everything set for black ink only, but it still will not print. I have run the HPPSdr.exe and the HPPDU.exe, but still it refuses to print with a full cartridge.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 2 of 2 (3,432 Views)

Re: Message: ink cartridges depleted, but new HP cartridge

James_6700,

Are the cartridges the setup cartridges that came with the printer?  The setup cartridges are used to prime the printhead, once they're depleted then we will need to use normal cartridges.  You can click here to visit HP Sure Supply and search by print name, cartridge number, or product list to order a cartridge.

This type of printer uses a long life printhead and needs to use a little bit of ink from each cartridge to prevent the ink from drying and clogging the nozzles.  The printer has the option to continue printing when the black cartridge (prints in composite black) is or one of the color cartridges (prints in grayscale) are depleted.  You do not have to replace the cartridge until prompted to do so.  Click here for a detailed description on P.74

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation