Message: 'remove protective tape' from LJ pro200 MFP M276nw cartridge, whereas it is already removed (157 Views)
Student
brandtje
Message 1 of 2 (157 Views)

Message: 'remove protective tape' from LJ pro200 MFP M276nw cartridge, whereas it is already removed

The printer is new, the protecive tape was removed from all cartridges, but it keeps on claiming: 'remove protective tape from yellow cartridge'. And this is where the installation of the printer stopped.
Any suggestions of how to make clear the tape is actually removed?

The removed tape look excactly the same as the ones from the other cartridges.

Kindest regards,

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)

Message: 'remove protective tape' from LJ pro200 MFP M276nw cartridge, whereas it is already removed

I would go back over all parts of the printer and make sure that the packing materiel is removed. I would then remove all of the toner cartridges and reseat them in the printer. If still getting an error message, I would then try a hard reset to the printer to clear the error message.
To do a hard reset:
Press the Power button to turn on the product.
With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation