My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything ! (13786 Views)
Honor Student
creativcat
Message 1 of 46 (13,786 Views)

My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

I have the hp photosmart printer 5510. It has stopped printing black. I did numerous cleanings, turned if off and on using the formula stated in the help section...nothing is working and I cannot keep wasting my color ink printing test pages over and over. This is frustrating obviously there is an issue with these printers! Can i get this fixed or am i going to have to box it up and ship it back to hp???

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 46 (13,771 Views)

Re: My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the printer. Have you tried another Black cartridge to rule out if the replacement cartridge was a problem? I would pull out that cartridge and check to warranty ends date that is printed on the cartridge's label. Also reseating all the cartridges might help. Pull them all out and insert them back in to reseat them. If you have done these steps too you might want to call in to customer support so they can look at this hardware issue. If you are in warranty they can look at various options to help you out. I am including a link to a document that is used for this issue just so you can look over it and check off everything you have done. Here is that link :http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSe...

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 46 (13,728 Views)

Re: My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

creativcat wrote:

I have the hp photosmart printer 5510. It has stopped printing black. I did numerous cleanings, turned if off and on using the formula stated in the help section...nothing is working and I cannot keep wasting my color ink printing test pages over and over. This is frustrating obviously there is an issue with these printers! Can i get this fixed or am i going to have to box it up and ship it back to hp???

Hi, have you checked that the cartridge is vented properly? If you've tried all the steps outlined in http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ie&lc=en&docname=c02914910 then I would suggest you contact HP phone support, as you may be entitled to a replacement.

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 46 (13,709 Views)

Hi creativcat, are you still seeing this isue with Black not printing?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 46 (12,882 Views)

Hi creativcat, are you still seeing this isue with Black not printing?

Thanks

Ciara

Student
Heidi88
Message 6 of 46 (11,113 Views)

This is happening to me too. I have tried everything, including the long process on your website which instructs you to do everything under the sun. I have now wasted 2 brand new ink cartidges (black) and have not had any success. 

This is the second 5510 I have had - You had to replace the first one when it stopped working with wireless. This one I never got working with wireless either and I gave up. Now I can't even used it wired. 

To top it off your website says it's out of warranty and I'll have to pay to get it fixed. What rubbish. 

Is there ANYTHING I can do short of paying to get it fixed? I just bought all new ink for it and have opened 2 new black inks per instructions to try to get it to work. There must be a way to fix this. 

HELP!!!

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 7 of 46 (11,023 Views)

From the above post, I think you may have already read this document:

Black Ink is Missing on Printouts

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03425035

If steps 1-5 did not work, then you may need to follow step six: contacting tech support to service the printer.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
siuhnjien
Message 8 of 46 (10,430 Views)

Precisely the same problem as CreativCat, cleaning cartridges or new ink does not solve the problem

Tutor
ramsam
Message 9 of 46 (10,415 Views)

I am having the exact same issue- it was working for one page, then the next stopped.

Replaced with NEW ink cartridges, and nothing from the black.

You will see there is another thread in printing troubleshooting with another group of many users having the same problem.  Are we all supposed to send ours back andpay? This is obviously a strange malfunction of this printer.

looking for help....

hp photosmart 5512

Tutor
ramsam
Message 10 of 46 (10,410 Views)

forum above this one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/FORUM-COMPLETE-READY-FOR-DELETION/m-p/2...

also has numerous HP customers with the same issue, no black printing. Hopefully they won't delete that thread and will help us figure out what is going on.

Hoping mine will kick in at any minute! I need these papers for a meeting!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation