Question
My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !
Replies (47)

Top Student
OneMist8k
Message 11 of 48 (4,075 Views)

Re: My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

Wow.  This happened to me on my 5510, too.  I've cleaned the heads, powered off, unplugged... you name it, problem remains.

Never have I seen a device with so many instances of the same problem.  This has really soured me on future purchases of HP products. 

Student
BigDan59
Message 12 of 48 (4,026 Views)

Re: My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

Me too. This is ridiculous. I have replaced two cartridges, done as much head cleaning as a head should take and after one print copy the paper is blank again. My printer is out of warranty.

What is the solution HP? I need to print stuff!

Honor Student
Barkley
Message 13 of 48 (3,990 Views)

I'm having the same problem. My printer won't print black ink. I cleaned the printheads several times, checked the vent, purchased new ink, restored and nothing. From the looks of it, many others are having the same problem. It this some kind of factory defect this printer has?

Honor Student
MaLuSanDiego
Message 14 of 48 (3,895 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  Put the black cartidge in another HP printer and it prints fine, so I know it's not the cartridge.  Did all the other suggested things. Has anyone sent the printer in for repair - if so how much does it cost?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 15 of 48 (3,877 Views)

MaLuSanDiego wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  Put the black cartidge in another HP printer and it prints fine, so I know it's not the cartridge.  Did all the other suggested things. Has anyone sent the printer in for repair - if so how much does it cost?

Hi MaLuSanDiego, if your printer is out of warranty and you'd like it repaired give the HP phone support guys a call to see how much the repair is (I don't have a figure off hand, it can vary a bit by country)

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 16 of 48 (3,876 Views)

Barkley wrote:

I'm having the same problem. My printer won't print black ink. I cleaned the printheads several times, checked the vent, purchased new ink, restored and nothing. From the looks of it, many others are having the same problem. It this some kind of factory defect this printer has?

Hi Barkley, is your printer still in warranty?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
MaLuSanDiego
Message 17 of 48 (3,869 Views)

No.  I also just tried the hard reset (unplugging from the printer and the wall), which didn't work.

Top Student
creativcat
Message 18 of 48 (3,863 Views)

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM......I BOUGHT A CANON PRINTER AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL, IT WAS EASY TO SET UP AND USE, IT RUNS ON BLUETOOTH TO MY LAPTOP ANY WHERE IN THE HOUSE...PLUS THE INK IS CHEAPER!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ON THE HP SIDE!

Honor Student
Barkley
Message 19 of 48 (3,829 Views)

It's no longet under warranty. I purchased it 13 months ago

Honor Student
Barkley
Message 20 of 48 (3,825 Views)

That's exactly what I'm going to do! I'm going to throw this piece of junk out and buying a cannon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation