Question
My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !
Replies (47)

Student
IASmitty
Message 31 of 48 (1,537 Views)

Re: My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

I'm experiencing the same problems as everybody else.  Have spent the entire morning trying to figure this printer out. Completed all the steps even some from users on YouTube.   To the point that I'm now running out of ink!  Of course, all the ink except black.  No way am I going to buy more ink for this HP printer.  Maybe the last step in the troubleshooting guide should be purchase a printer from another manufacturer.  Wasted lots of valuable time and $50 on ink.    

Honor Student
mkbd
Message 32 of 48 (1,439 Views)

Re: My 5510 photosmart printer will not print black any longer, I have tried everything !

:smileymad: same here. totally out of the blue. no black printing i've inserted a fresh cartridge and run through ALL the diagnostics even blew through the vent to see if that would help. i can't believe the number of people all suffering from this while HP ignores us all. i'm going to try like onemist8k says and switch off for a couple of days.

failing that i'll go with creativcat and go to canon. come on HP sort it out!!!

Student
HomeEdMum
Message 33 of 48 (1,405 Views)

This is happening to me as well. Obviously a problem with the model :-(

I don't think I'll waste money on yet another new ink cartridge - I've always used the more expensive HP brand. I'll try to contact them to ask for help. Not Happy :-(

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 34 of 48 (1,398 Views)

Is the printer within warranty? You can check by entering the serial no. below.....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
pleasehelp7
Message 35 of 48 (1,392 Views)

it is not under warranty. I spoke with HP and they said it was broken. they offered me another one for $129! I didn't even pay that much for it. I bought the 5520 model at Target on sale for $65 because I had all that brand new ink that I had just bought. I also paid $7 for a 2 year warranty.

Honor Student
mkbd
Message 36 of 48 (1,383 Views)

printer isn't in warranty, phoned hp and... they offered to sell me a new printer. that was a waste of time. apparently the printhead has failed and is built into this particular machine so it's not possible to replace the part.

for those who are interested i've had the top off. the printheads are cleaned on the right hand side of the printer, there was A LOT of gunk in that corner and the cleaner was covered in ink, methinks this may have contributed to the damage.

i haven't got round to putting it back together yet but i'm hoping that by cleaning out the cleaning compartment it might help, probably too late for that now though.

Student
p101156
Message 37 of 48 (1,325 Views)

My HP 5510 printer has suddenly stopped printing.  Everything is plugged in properly and new ink cartridge installed.  Runs the paper through w/faint ink but unable to read.

Honor Student
openhand
Message 38 of 48 (1,265 Views)

Same problem here. All new cartridges. Tech support took me thru the same moves as all previous posters and I was almost ready to acknowledge a hardware issue except for one thing: I printed a doc from the computer that had a section of grey print which printed perfectly. So the black works in grey mode. This means to me NOT a hardware issue- black ink can flow with great control. If you ask me the unit has a defect they're not owning up to, and then they try very hard to sell you another printer. I think I'm done wasting my time with HP. Next printer please. 

Student
Cdoop
Message 39 of 48 (1,223 Views)

Same problem as everyone else. Wasted money on this printer.
Student
HPsucksx10
Message 40 of 48 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]

Having the same problem.

I also have HP 5510  photosmart printer. First day I bought the printer the black ink was not printing. I was told to shake the cartilage well and the ink splashed  everywhere my comforter, my shirt  the printer etc # 1 disaster.  I took it back and of course the Staples store manage told me their system is down and can't return it at the time.  He tried it in the store and it printed and I looked like a fool.  # 2 disaster-  fast forward a year and 1/2 later the black ink stopped printing again. Mind you I don't use the printer often so to me it is like brand new. I did everything and with no luck.

I just want to send a message to who ever came up with the instructions on how to solve this problems. You  just want to rip customers again and again by asking  us to  buy an HP genuine cartilage etc etc ( although that is what I used)  and to use a different paper. That is just plain  ridiculous.  You know this is an ongoing issue as you can see by the many problems others are facing on this post alone  but you continue to sell this piece of garbage. As if that is not enough you still  want to make money by telling us to make sure we buy a genuine ink for a defected equipment. Never do I buy HP anything again!!!!!  It shows they don't care about their customers.  I am also an HP computer owner ( HP Pavilion)  I must say I had issues with it as well but luckily it was before the warranty ended but you can imagine the headache I went through  shipping it back and waiting for its return.

HP Sucks x 10  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation