Question

Top Student
KittenGazelle
Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)

My HP Photosmart 5510 keeps rejecting BRAND NEW HP ink cartridge

I installed the BRAND NEW HP BRAND ink a few days ago.

Next day printed a black and white document.

A few days later tried to print a color document, paper jammed.

I unjammed paper.

Then it said error "INK CARTLIGE FAILURE" for pink and yellow.

I removed both pink and yellow and put back.

Pink now fine but yellow still saying DAMAGED OR FAILED.

I tried reseting by putting it off... no avail, still yellow ink failure.

I tested it by swapping the blues, pinks and yellows and despite mixing all the colors around a few times and the yellow one being in another color it continues to say yellow ink cartrige failure.

This model appears not to have a removable printhead.

I am unable to access the menu on the printer touchscreen as it wont go out of the error message.

Printer HP PHOTOSMART 5510 WIRELESS TOUCHSCREEN

Ink HP ORIGINAL NEW

Printer age UNSURE, ABOUT A YEAR BUT LITTLE USAGE, EATS UP INK QUICKLY AS THE LAST INK I HAD DISSAPERED IN DAYS WHERE MY OLD HP WOULD LAST WAY LONGER, LIKES TO PRINT THINGS OUT OF LINE

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (300 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 5510 keeps rejecting BRAND NEW HP ink cartridge

Alright, Kitten Gazelle, sounds like you are having an issue with your inks. The first thing that we are going to do is we are going to perform an ink system reset tos ee if that will clear the error messages. To do that I want you to remove all the ink cartridges from the machine (while you do this inspect the interior of the machine to be sure that there is no paper or other debris left in the machine). Then when the cartridges are removed, unplug the machine for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Replace the cartridges as they are requested. 

Do this and let me know if the same error message is left on the machine. 

Also, are you connecting this machine to a battery backup, power strip, surge protector or wall outlet? Let me know! 

-Spencer 

PS I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that the weather there is as amazing as it is here! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation