My HP Photosmart 7960 only prints blank pages. (1324 Views)
Top Student
flotwig
Message 1 of 6 (1,324 Views)

My HP Photosmart 7960 only prints blank pages.

Product name: HP Photosmart 7960

Changes made before issue occured: I changed the print cartridges to entirely new ones.

When I print to my printer from my computer, it only prints blank pages. This only started happening after I installed fresh ink cartridges a few days ago. I've reinstalled them a few times since then to see if that fixes the problem, but it does not.

If I print a test page using the printer's builtin computer, I get a smear of cyan and magenta in the middle of an otherwise blank sheet of paper. The same thing happens with calibration pages and sample pages. You can see a sample of the test/calibration/sample pages at this link: http://imgbbq.org/8.jpg

The printer worked fine before I installed the fresh cartridges. And yes, I did remember to remove the protective backing before installing the cartridges. :smileyhappy:

Can anybody offer some advice that would help me fix the problem so my printer will work again?

Student
KarenI
Message 2 of 6 (1,299 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 7960 only prints blank pages.

Were you able to get your printer working?  I just installed three new cartridges and now I only get uneven black print with no color!

Top Student
flotwig
Message 3 of 6 (1,285 Views)

I'm still waiting for a reply from somebody here who can help, I don't know what to do. Sorry.

Top Student
flotwig
Message 4 of 6 (1,266 Views)

Help?

Top Student
flotwig
Message 5 of 6 (1,257 Views)

Can anybody help?

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 6 of 6 (1,180 Views)

This article should help resolve your blank pages:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation