Question

Honor Student
Indyqt
Message 1 of 4 (74 Views)

My Officejet 6500 will not print in black ink

my Officejet 6500 will not print in black even thought the cartridge is new and colour printing is OK

Top Student
Aug2014
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)

Re: My Officejet 6500 will not print in black ink

You can try the following two ways.

1. Open the door and remove black ink and reinsert it back. Close door and then wait for the printer to prime. Try to print black doc to see if the problem has been resolved. If not, you can try 2.

2. Find pen recovery option from setup menu and then trigger it

I am an HP employee.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 4 (66 Views)

[Please do not post multiple posts for the same issue....]  If the suggestions in the other thread do not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Indyqt
Message 4 of 4 (22 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I went to Staples to shop for a new printer and the clerk suggested that I try cleaning the print head first and if that didn't work then it was toast.  When I got home I noticed an HP icon on my screen.  I clicked on it and the printer went into cleaning mode.  Then voila! it printed a full colour and black  test page.  Its good to go until the next time!

Thanks again

Olga

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation