08-27-2014 08:01 PM
You can try the following two ways.
1. Open the door and remove black ink and reinsert it back. Close door and then wait for the printer to prime. Try to print black doc to see if the problem has been resolved. If not, you can try 2.
2. Find pen recovery option from setup menu and then trigger it
08-27-2014 08:03 PM
[Please do not post multiple posts for the same issue....] If the suggestions in the other thread do not resolve the issue the post here may help.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
09-04-2014 08:16 AM
Thanks for your reply. I went to Staples to shop for a new printer and the clerk suggested that I try cleaning the print head first and if that didn't work then it was toast. When I got home I noticed an HP icon on my screen. I clicked on it and the printer went into cleaning mode. Then voila! it printed a full colour and black test page. Its good to go until the next time!
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies