Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6812
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Sorry I'm not to informed about this printer except its fairly new. It keeps saying that there is a problem with the printhead. I saw where the clean printhead or other things but I dont have a handbook. How do I fix a printhead problem?

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hey @rie74,

Welcome to the HP Support Forum.  I hope you enjoy your experience here. :robothappy:

I understand you're encountering a problem with printhead status on your HP Officejet 6812 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to assist you with this.

I recommend you perform a 'hard reset':

1. With your printer powered on, try the following steps: 
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
5. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

If the error message persists, as per this article, I recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps.  Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum and have a great day.  :robotvery-happy: 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I tried this Solution and it worked for 2 out of the 4 page document I was trying to print.  I just bought this thing a month ago!

Looks like I will have to try to call support when I get a chance...  unless there are other options available now?

HP Recommended

This does nothing for me. Terrible! I just bought this!

HP Recommended

Hey @Senseiloki and @jj_jackson

I recommend you reach out to our tech support team. You can click on the following link to initiate a case: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Once you fill out the online form to create your case you can choose from different direct contact methods.

Best of luck, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi folks, just checking you got a replacement printer from HP Support?

Thanks, Ciara

FYI, for details on how to contact HP Support for a replacement check out the links below

Americas & Asia

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Europe, Middle East, Africa

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839289

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
I have a 6830 with the same problem. I followed the advice about disconnecting to no avail. I called the 800 number and was referred back here. HP used to be a good company with good printers. That is no longer true. The 6830 has problems that can't be fixed. This is the last hp printer for me.
HP Recommended
Well I did need a new one. They sent me a refurbished printer (which looked brand new) free of charge. It arrived in about 5 days. I sent the broken one back immediately. According to the tracking number it arrived on July 27th. On August 3rd I received an email that they were going to charge my credit card because I never returned the broken one! So, I had to fumble for their number again and finally got someone who could check on it for me. They said it did arrive and to disregard the email. With everything that has gone on... Let's just say I will be watching my credit card statement like a hawk....
HP Recommended

@Senseiloki, glad to hear your printer exchange issue's cleared up. It seems the automatic email was sent out hastily. 

@Applegate1, if you can bypass the error on the printer's display try the following steps: 

Step two: Make sure the cartridges are installed correctly

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I replaced all my print cartridges yesterday and it didn't solve the problem.  I'm replacing my almost new printer for a refurbished one that should get here within two weeks.  This is the second major problem I have had with a printer I bought two months ago.  Not happy with HP, but I hope the refurbished one works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.