Question

Honor Student
Atch
Message 1 of 3 (108 Views)

My printer says that the cartridges appear to be damaged or missing after replacing them

I have a HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n and it was working fine until I replaced the color cartridges.  Now I get an error message that says all 4 cartridges appear to be damaged or missing.  I've taken them out and replaced them 3 or 4 times and still get the message.  Can you help me?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)

Re: My printer says that the cartridges appear to be damaged or missing after replacing them

Hello Atch,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I understand after replacing the cartridges on your HP Officejet 6500 Wireless, you are now getting an error message 'Cartridge appears to be damaged or missing'.  I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have completed all ready, and I would like you to continue here: 'The following ink cartridge appears to be missing or damaged' Error Message Displays on the Printer...

Please complete ALL steps listed in order, focusing on the cleaning of the cartridges. Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Atch
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: My printer says that the cartridges appear to be damaged or missing after replacing them

Thanks for your help.  I've tried all of those steps but it's still not working.  I am going to the store to see if they will replace the cartridges with another set because I believe these must be defective.  I just knew they were new but it's possible that they came from HP defective.  Have a blessed day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation