07-08-2014 09:11 PM
I have a HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n and it was working fine until I replaced the color cartridges. Now I get an error message that says all 4 cartridges appear to be damaged or missing. I've taken them out and replaced them 3 or 4 times and still get the message. Can you help me?
07-10-2014 08:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand after replacing the cartridges on your HP Officejet 6500 Wireless, you are now getting an error message 'Cartridge appears to be damaged or missing'. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have completed all ready, and I would like you to continue here: 'The following ink cartridge appears to be missing or damaged' Error Message Displays on the Printer...
Please complete ALL steps listed in order, focusing on the cleaning of the cartridges. Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
07-10-2014 09:09 AM
Thanks for your help. I've tried all of those steps but it's still not working. I am going to the store to see if they will replace the cartridges with another set because I believe these must be defective. I just knew they were new but it's possible that they came from HP defective. Have a blessed day!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?