New HP8600 ink (89 Views)
Honor Student
jmr1
Message 1 of 4 (89 Views)

New HP8600 ink

Just set up my new 8600 and installed the ink cartridges. The printer gave me an error message that the M and Y were empty. These are new cartridges, how can that be? Is there a way to check to see if there is another problem??

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (86 Views)

Re: New HP8600 ink

I would remove and reseat the cartridges.  If that does not correct the issue I would sugget you caontact HP for warranty service.  In the US call 1-800-HPINVENt, elsewhere see the contact information here. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
jmr1
Message 3 of 4 (79 Views)

reseating didn't work so I will contact HP.

Thanks,

Mike

Student
Mnason_A21_16
Message 4 of 4 (34 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi I also had the same problem with my HP8600 printer. The head and the screen were replaced and all was working well until the black cartridge run out and I replaced it. The printer would not see it, took it back to repairs people, HP Agents, and the head was replaced again. Let us know how you resolved your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation