Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does anyone have a solution?

HP Recommended

my 5520 hp printer will not print black

HP Recommended

@edgarlogcabin wrote:

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve issues with black not printing on your Photosmart 5520.  Especially make sure to check the vents as shown in Solution Six.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I've just replaced the inks in my printer but cannot now get the black ink to print. Can you suggest anything?

HP Recommended

@NethyGirl wrote:

I've just replaced the inks in my printer but cannot now get the black ink to print. Can you suggest anything?

See my post above.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@12lou wrote:

new black ink  printer will not print 

Hi 12lou, just wondering if this is resolved? Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@edgarlogcabin wrote:

Hi, is the printer still within warranty?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
I don't understand. There seems to be a universal problem with the 5510/5520 printers refusing to print black. So far all I have seen as a "solution" is the same old tired party line the HP spews with their list of diagnostics. THEY DON'T WORK!!!! The **bleep** thing still doesn't print black!! I have a 5520 that works great, and a 5510 that doesn't. What is the answer? Do I have to buy another one? It would cost more to fix it in shipping and repairs then taking a tax deduction and buying a new one. If this is planned obsolescence it's pretty harsh - I haven't had it that long and, "yes, it is out of warranty"!!!!
HP Recommended

Check this YouTube video out, should fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10

HP Recommended

Has all new ink cartridges and printer is less than 12 months old.  Wil print test page but nothing after that.  I am not good with comouters or printers and I have tried everything suggested so far.  Help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.