Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My test page shows no black ink for my 5510.  I went through the steps as shown in solution 6.  The only thing I had not checked was the vent.  As it is a brand new cartridge it was clear as expected.  When I tried a new cartidge it still did not work.  Any other ideas outside of paying hp for help or completely replacing a unit that is only a year and a half old?

HP Recommended

Please help. I have hp 5520 and just put in all new ink all colors. The black is not printing. I did a color test and all colors show but the black box is clear. I have shut off the printer and computer. I went into the computer set up and it is all correct. Please advise me what I need to do. I have had this for over one year and this is the first time this has happened. I took the first cartridge back to BB and they gave me a new black cartridge.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Check this YouTube video out, should fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10

HP Recommended

Check this YouTube video out, should fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

Alcurl, I am going to send you a private message, How to check your messages.

kinema, which printer do you have? If it is a 5520, please call phone support regardless of your warranty status. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

mom_of_4, I am going to send you a private message, see instructions to check your messages above.

jhatch, please call phone support regardless of your warranty status.

For those of you with a 5520, please ensure you have completed all of the steps in the following document before calling HP. Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my printer not printing black. I tried all of the troubleshooting steps that were posted above and unplugging, leaving it unplugged. Nothing is working.

HP Recommended

Hi ta78,

If your printer is the Photosmart 5520, I recommend you call HP. Please call even if your printer is out of warranty, and let me know the outcome of the call.

Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi kinema, and jhatch,

Were you able to get in touch with HP phone support? If so what was the outcome? If not, please give them a call and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

same issue as everyone else. all new cartidges installed. tried several print cleanings; went through all the 6 steps recommended above including vent cleaning; tried cleaning w/ hot water per you tube video; all colors ok except black which will not print at all. Naturally I am 4 months past warranty expiration...and I now have over $100 of 564 ink.  wonderful!

HP Recommended

Hi sh2203,

I see you are having troubles with your black ink.

Please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. As you have a 4620, If the issue persists, I would suggest calling HP Phone Support regardless of whether it is in or out of warranty as you may require a replacement printer.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide. 

Please let me know if the document resolves the issue, or if you called HP and the outcome of the call. Thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.