09-26-2012 08:54 AM
I think this poor puppy is dying internally. The 7500A wide format office jet printer is asking for new cartridges. Install new cartridges and print one page, then all cartridges report empty. Sometimes only three of four sometimes one of four. Tried everything imaginable, short of shooting the machine. Even reset of firmware, but the reset gets hung up saying black needs to be replaced, then little screen goes blue, flashes a number starting with 62.... then goes white with another message that their is an error, everything on control panel flashes like it is having a seizure.
Have reloaded software, cleaned heads, cleaned contacts, replaced cartridges, firmware is updated, tried reset.....
Is there any hope? Or should I euthanize it?
Second curiosity....why do some ink cartridges have the little black bulge on the contacts on the under side and some cartridges do not....just curious.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?