Question

Honor Student
hdanderson
Message 1 of 5 (125 Views)

Office Jet 8600 Pro gives repeated message of depleted ink after replacement with new ones

My OfficeJet 8600 Pro (n911a?) gives a repeated message of depleted ink levels (Cyan and Yellow) even after I have replaced them with genuine HP 951 ink cartridges. I am certain that I have installed them correctly (I have done this in the past with no problems) and I have turned the machine off and on again several times. I have checked firmware and software updates and it appears that everything is up to date. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Honor Student
TanaN
Message 2 of 5 (120 Views)

Re: Office Jet 8600 Pro gives repeated message of depleted ink after replacement with new ones

I am having this same issue. Is there a possible solution?

Teacher
Bryan_P
Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)

Re: Office Jet 8600 Pro gives repeated message of depleted ink after replacement with new ones

Hello hdanderson & TanaN,

Understand that you guys are having the issue with cartridge after replacing it.

Firstly, I would like you to follow this Trouble Shooting Guide.

If this doesn't solve the problem, I would like you to call HP Support.Please refer to the below link to get the support number for your region.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/supportLanding?​cc=us&lc=en

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
Honor Student
hdanderson
Message 4 of 5 (61 Views)

Bryan,

Thanks for responding.

I ended up calling HP Support and the representative walked me through a bunch of steps to try to resolve the problem. Unfortunately, my printer has a hardware problem that cannot be resolved. The only solution was to go out and buy a new printer. I guess the operational lifespan of HP printers these days is only 21 months. Dissappointing.

Dave

Honor Student
TanaN
Message 5 of 5 (57 Views)

The troubleshooting guide did not help. First, I had already tried this. But I did it again. I will call support. But you can bet that if I am told I need to buy parts or a new printer when I have just installed the first new ink cartridges, that it will NOT be an HP printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation