OfficeJet 8600 Plus - Disable "Black Ink Only" Warning (302 Views)
Honor Student
allisterwade
Message 1 of 2 (302 Views)

OfficeJet 8600 Plus - Disable "Black Ink Only" Warning

After the latest firmware update I can print when a colour catridge is empty and the printer prompts on the device if I want to print with Black Ink Only, at which point I can click OK and get a greyscale print.

Even when I print something in greyscale from the PC this happens.

Because of another unfixed and known bug with this piece of **bleep** (When printing a document with more than 2 pages or 2 copies to A5 the printer will spit out a blank page between every **bleep**ing print) I have to instead manually print however many copies I need. In this case 500. They can be greyscale, that's no issue. But now I would have to sit at the printer and wai for each job to spool and hit OK, literally half a day I figure at the least.

How do I set it so it just prints in greyscale in this situation? Why did you even think having the option to click OK every time and no "OK and do it every time" button was OK?

Your staff have already straight up LIED about the requirement for colour ink catridges when printing black, so don't **bleep**ing lie to me on this. YOU SUPPORT THE PRODUCT YOU SOLD. I know HPs game of selling a **bleep**ing printer and not fixing the **bleep** until the next model, if you even try **bleep** me or not fix this I dismantle this piece of **bleep** on the retailers floor and give them a print out of the **bleep** and lies you've spouted about this printer HP.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 8600 Plus - Disable "Black Ink Only" Warning

Alright, I apologize for the issue you are having. To let you know that there is a way to designate for your printer to use only greyscale. However, there is a reason why there are colors used. First, the process is called underprinting, here is a little information on that :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=sk&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

This is actually designed to save you ink in the long run as well as maintain your other printheads. The reason why this prompt comes up each time you print is because the longer you leave those colors out of the machine the longer the printheads for those colors have to dry up and become essentially useless. Should this happen the cost of replacing the print-head is greater than the replacment of the cartridge. 

The short answer to your question, is no - there is not a way to prevent that message as it is tied together with all the other warning messages that are configured into your printer. As a machine it's sole job is to respond to the conditions that it is able to detect and inform you as a user. In many situations these printers are used by multiple people and so that warning message would be necessary to inform all parties which might use the machine. As with most forms of electronics which have built-in warning systems those messages cannot be altered or turned off.

I apologize for the inconvenience but I hope that this information clears things up. 

-Spencer 

PS I hope you had a great weekend and have had a wonderful day!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation