Question

Student
abusch38
Message 1 of 1 (414 Views)

OfficeJet Pro 8100 does not recognize replaced cartridge

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 eprinter (Model CM752A) with updated Firmware and a page count of only 2505.

It worked great for the last year (I'm now out of warranty). Then it said the cyan cartridge was empty and wouldn't let me print anything. Frustrating, but whatever, I spent the $50 and bought all new HP ink cartridges (951) and installed them. It worked! ... for less than 24 hours. Now it says the Cyan ink cartridge is empty again. I printed a system page and it used the Cyan cartridge. However, for all the other ink cartridges, it lists the part number, the type, the warranty date, etc. The Cyan's information is blank.

So, as far as I can tell, the printer is not recognizing the Cyan ink cartridge. I put the old one back in and sure enough, this was the problem before I bought the new ink.

I took out all the ink and cleaned the contacts on the cartridges. I can't get to the contacts in the carriage itself.

Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation