Question

Honor Student
llsharpe55
Message 1 of 2 (1,570 Views)
Accepted Solution

OfficeJet Pro K8600 - My print quality is poor...some colors are missing.

With the exception of the first inch or two on a page my printer only seems to print in red and yellow. It starts out looking great for 2 or maybe 3 inches and then looks like it only has red and yellow ink in it. The ink cartridges are all new. How can I tell if the cause is my print heads? If so, do I need to replace both of them? Thank you!

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (1,552 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro K8600 - My print quality is poor...some colors are missing.

[ Edited ]

Here is link to a document that addresses poor print quality for your model of printer. It will give one troubleshooting steps to try in an attempt to fix the printer's quality of output. In that document it will show you how to print and then read the diagnostic report.  It will show you what the test patterns on the sheet mean when it comes to the printheads' health. I hope that this helps.

If you reach the end of the document and have not fixed the printer's output issue; one is looking at product replacement. 

If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call. HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation