Question

Student
racerman15
Message 1 of 2 (51 Views)

Officejet 4500 Printer

I see that in previous years almost 18,000 people viewed the thread 'black cartridge will not print'.

There was zero useful input from the community - perhaps because the community does not know what might cause this problem.

Well, now I unfortunately am joining the community of owners who have this problem with the 4500.  My printer stopped printing black.  Sounds fine, cleaned as suggested, full cartridge.....

If anyone has a suggestion I'd be most appreciative.

Also,

I find it fascinating that HP hosts this forum but is no help what-so-ever.

If I can not find help please be assurred that solely because of the absence of support there will be no new HP debvices in my home or the business I own.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 Printer

Welcome to the HP Forums racerman15,

I see by your post that you aren't able to print with the black cartridge.
I will do my best to help you with this issue.

I have provided a document to go through the steps to see if it will help resolve this issue.

'Incorrect Print Cartridge' or 'Print Cartridge Problem' Message Displays on the Computer.

When doing the manual cleaning, clean the contacts on the cartridges and inside the printer to make sure it isn't clogged up.

Here is another document for performing self Diagnostics test, cleaning and aligning the printer.

Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

Are you using Genuine HP Cartridges?
Check the date on the cartridges to make sure they are still in warranty. (not old stock)
What are the ink levels?

What were the results for the hardware Diagnostics Report?

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation