Question

Tutor
Kat2
Message 1 of 5 (451 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4500 printer

This is my 3rd or 4th HP printer, but may be my last.  From the time it came out of the box (March), it's been a major headache.  Went through all these steps with Tech support to even get it working, but every time I try to print, I get error messages that the Tri Color Cartridge is not installed properly, etc (it's their original HP cartridge)- even that there's a paper jam when there's no paper going through the machine.  I have had that cartridge in and out so many times.  I've cleaned both with distilled water, checked to see if anything's wonky with a flashlight (not that I can see) and am about to just chuck it.  Sometimes if I press the door in a bit, it will print then.   The quality of printing is not good, either - lots of bars which I suspect might be because the cartridges are not aligned anymore.  Any suggestions before I get the ladder, take it to the roof and pitch it over???

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 5 (404 Views)

Officejet 4500 printer

There is documentation for how to fix Cartridge related errors for the OJ4500 located here.

You mentioned a paper jam error and you can find the document for this issue here.

Also, if the unit is still in warranty you may want to contact HP Tech Support for further assistance.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Tutor
Kat2
Message 3 of 5 (391 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 printer

Thank you for your reply.  I finally became so frustrated yesterday morning that I bought a new cartridge and replaced the one that came with the machine.  So far, this seems to have solved the problem.  I do appreciate you taking the time to reply and try to help me.   I'm hoping this solved my issues!!

Tutor
Kat2
Message 4 of 5 (388 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 printer

Don't see how to add a Kudo, but Kudos for trying to help me!
Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 5 of 5 (376 Views)

Officejet 4500 printer

You can give a Kudos to a person by hovering over the blue "Kudos!" on the bottom left of the post that you are wanting to add a Kudos to. The cursor should turn into a hand, at that point click on the word and that should award the author a kudos.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation