Question

Top Student
Ed-G
Message 1 of 7 (336 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4620 - Blank Ink not printing

Officejet 4620 all-in-one. Started having this problem last week- no black ink print. Brand new genuine cartridges in use(tried 3 separate cartridges straight from the box). Tried all solutions listed on the troubleshoot page to no avail(even three printhead cleanings). Ink levels are tops. Same problems when copying documents. Color ink working fine. Extremely frustrated!! Printer out of warranty by 2 months. This is my fourth HP printer  and the first that gives me this kind of issue.  Anyone,Anyone?  Help!

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 7 (326 Views)

Re: Officejet 4620 - Blank Ink not printing

Hi Ed-G,

Welcome to the HP forums :smileyhappy:

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to print in black with your Officejet 4620 but I will certainly do my best to get you some assistance with this issue!

I realize from your description that you have most likely covered the steps in this document, but just to be sure, can you go through this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document and verify that you have tried all of the steps? If you have and the problem persists, can you let me know what country you're in? Please feel free to private message me that information!

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Ed-G
Message 3 of 7 (319 Views)

Hello MsTeriLynn, Thanks for your prompt response. In answer to your query, yes, I have gone through all steps of the troubleshooting options provided by HP. I have performed 4 separate printhead cleanings and made sure the firmware is up to date. Cartridges are genuine HP and brand new. I have also checked the vents and mannually cleaned the heads. Nothing. As I mentioned before warranty has expired in this printer as it is now 14 months old. By reading your forums it seems like this is a common issue with this model and others. No issues with color printing. I would appreciate any help you could provide me with.

Top Student
Ed-G
Message 4 of 7 (318 Views)

MsTeriLynn, forgot to mention I reside in the US and the product was purchased in country. 

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 5 of 7 (293 Views)

Thanks for the reply Ed-G, and the additional information!

With that information, I'm going to suggest that you call into HP Tech Support (1-800-474-6836) and inquire about a replacement for your printer. I realize it's out of warranty but that shouldn't be a factor. If you have any issues please let me know and I will do my best to make sure we get this resolved for you :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Ed-G
Message 6 of 7 (256 Views)

HP Suppot was not able to resolve my problem even though this is a well known issue with this model printer. A replacement was offered at a discount. Weird that I can get the same replacement model 20% cheaper at Costco. Some discount!!! Frustrated and annoyed.. Going with Epson this time. HP Loyal customer no more!!!!
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 7 of 7 (252 Views)

Hi Ed-G,

I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't able to get a resolution by calling phone support, but I will still do my best to get this issue resolved for you!

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation