Question

Top Student
mmsman
Message 1 of 4 (150 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4620 Brand new HP Black ink cartridge and it won't print black at all

Greetings, my printer recently ran out of ink. So I purchased a set of cartridges from Staples. I installed them and ran the Clean Printhead function. I now have great color and NO BLACK. I ran the clean printhead function numerous times. Its so frustrating to watch the evolution of printers over the last 2 decades go from reliable to unreliable all for the purpose of financial gains. I've had printers since the 80's, I used printers when they came with ribbon cartridges, which hardly failed, though they would indeed dry out. At least when they did dry out you would be able to put a new one in and continue. Now they have engineered replaceable printheads (because they were made knowing they will fail), ink cartridges that are not interchangeable (knowing that once you've had it with one printer model, you'll most likely switch to another brand or model) which uses a DIFFERENT model ink cartridge. All for finacial gain. Between my office and home, I've been through 4 printers in the last 2 years. I was a loyal Lexmark fan, untill my old one died and I purchased a new one, first thing I noticed was the changeable printhead, and I said to myself, uh oh, thats going to fail, and so said, so done, within 3 months of using the printer, Lexmark sent me 2 printheads and 2 sets of replacement inks free of charge. I still have a set of ink and a printhead because the LCD screen went blank, lol. Had to toss it. Ended up switching to HP which I believe is made in the same factory as Lexmarks after much comparison of models. Now I have the newest HP at my office and its been great thus far and SUPERB on ink usage, THUSFAR. I'm almost afraid to find out what my future has in store. I know I ran on alot off topic, BUT HP, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. I've now wasted $60 on a new set of cartridges and will most likely need a new printer since my warranty is expired. SMH. Bad Business!!!!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Officejet 4620 Brand new HP Black ink cartridge and it won't print black at all

Is your printer still in warranty? You can check with HP's warranty tool here.  Are you located in the US?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Retired
Leo_Y
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

Re: Officejet 4620 Brand new HP Black ink cartridge and it won't print black at all

I saw your post and have forwarded it to the right people to have it reviewed. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this forum.

Keep an eye on the PM (Private Message) envelope at the top right corner of each page. When you see a number next to the grey envelope, click it. That's the way you'll be contacted.

If you need to know how to post a private message

click here

Thanks.

- I worked for HP.
Top Student
mmsman
Message 4 of 4 (39 Views)

A rep did indeed contact me to rectify the situation even though my unit is out of the warranty period. I truly appreciate the effort. Kudos to HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation