Re: Officejet 4620 will not print black after replacing cartridge (413 Views)
Honor Student
jrcostello
Message 41 of 55 (550 Views)

Re: Officejet 4620 will not print black after replacing cartridge

Black ink stopped printing and I was getting blank sheets of paper even after replacing the black cartridge.

I went over to Staples and was getting ready to buy a new printer.  Then I phoned HP and described the problem.

They analyzed things and told me it was a communication problem between the printer and the computer.

They straightend out the problem and the computer is working fine.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 42 of 55 (528 Views)

Hello jrcostello,

I just wanted to check in with you and make sure you are now able to print in black ink on you HP Officejet 4620, I see where you said the communiation between the computer and printer has been fixed.

Let me know, I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
oeschj
Message 43 of 55 (511 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem with the same printer. It is one year and 2 weeks when it arrives. I thought the leagal europeen warranty is 2 Years but it sems not. 

Thanks

Joelle

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 44 of 55 (505 Views)

Hi oeschj

I understand you are not able to print in black ink. I would like you to complete ALL steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, if you have completed all steps listed I suggest you contact our technical support at 800-474-6836. Regardless of your warranty status I am confident they will be able to assist you. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thanks,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
oeschj
Message 45 of 55 (489 Views)

thanks for the reply

yes Ive try everyhing. i'm in Europe and the warranty just past for some days bevore it stop printing.  The adress here in my country doesnt help me. I try to contact them.  they just tell me it's a printer problem an not the ink. and the warranty is over.

I think it would be cheapr to buy a neq printer than to repair.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 46 of 55 (485 Views)

oeschj,

Please do not go out and buy another printer just yet, I appreciate the time you have invested in this, I have sent you a private message on the Forums. Go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thank you,

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Student
hsfleger
Message 47 of 55 (451 Views)

I have the same problem and I have tried everything I could find on here.  Still no solution.  I am very disappointed since I have been an HP user for years laptops and printers.  In an effort to go green buying a new printer when this one is only a year and a half old seems absurd! Please help. 

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 48 of 55 (438 Views)

Hi hsfleger,

I apologize for your frustration. I understand you have done all the troubleshooting steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages and are still not able to print in black ink.

I would like you to call into our technical support at 800-474-6836. Regardless of the warranty status I am certain they will be able to assist you. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
Porfo
Message 49 of 55 (413 Views)

you stated "I have the same problem and I have tried everything I could find on here."

considering i have posted the solution to this issue on page 3, i have a very hard time believing you tried everything.

Student
jcl344
Message 50 of 55 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]

Porfo: I tried everything you suggested. Very good directions, by the way. Everything went well with disassembly and reassembly. Black still will not print. Any other suggestions other than a new printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation