Question
Officejet 4620 will not print black after replacing cartridge
Replies (67)

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 61 of 68 (246 Views)

Re: Officejet 4620 will not print black after replacing cartridge

Hi @angelgirl8906

Call HP Phone Support regardless of whether it is in or out of warranty as you may require a replacement printer.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide. 

Please let me know the outcome of your call with them. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
angelgirl8906
Message 62 of 68 (243 Views)

afdude10,

You're brilliant!!!!   This worked!  I can now print BLACK INK again!!!  Thank you so much!!!!!

Student
hpusermesa
Message 63 of 68 (197 Views)

Having same problem as other posters.  Tried most of the suggestions short of traumatic surgery on the innards or a ballpein hammer to entire unit.  Clearly with the recent increase in reported problems of this type it is quite evident that HP has a defective product; one that seems destined to fail shortly after warranty expires.  Rather than be ethical and acknowledge this and offer replacements HP dismisses the valid complaints.   Low-end printers like this are poorly designed and fabricated; that's why so cheap.  Profit margins are really with the inks.  So when the printer malfunctions...as the 4620 has.... user is stuck with an unrepairable and non-replaceable unit.  Oh, and all those extra cartridges you have can't be used in other models. 

Had a similar situation with Dell 515/ 315 printers; units crashed shortly after warranty expired.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 64 of 68 (193 Views)

[ Edited ]

shpusermesa wrote:

[snip] Rather than be ethical and acknowledge this and offer replacements HP dismisses the valid complaints.   [snip]

Did you actually call HP and give them a chance to fix things or are you just assuming the outcome?  I would suggest you follow the post from @Sunshyn2005 above:

"Call HP Phone Support regardless of whether it is in or out of warranty as you may require a replacement printer.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide. "

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
jmweldon
Message 65 of 68 (118 Views)

I had the same problem - 2 black cartridges later - scrapping off the orange nibs that were left behind - still no printing black ink.  What a piece of crapmanship.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 66 of 68 (111 Views)

Hi @jmweldon

Call HP. Even if your printer is out of warranty! 

If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Please let me know the outcome of your call via a Private message. How To Send A Private Message.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
whoking
Message 67 of 68 (35 Views)

I am looking for the "magic" solution that has been emailed to folks off-line to fix the HP4620 not printing black, if this is still available.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 68 of 68 (33 Views)

Hi @whoking 

Although there is no magic solution, I do suggest calling HP even if your printer is out of warranty. Please let me know the outcome of your call, thanks.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation