Question
Officejet 6000 E609-a won't print in black
Replies (12)

Student
fbcgso
Message 11 of 13 (471 Views)

Re: Officejet 6000 E609-a won't print in black

[ Edited ]

We currently have 3 of these machines in our offices and two of them are experiencing the "won't print black" problem.  I have followed all of the troubleshooting and cleaning options listed on these pages.  Calling HP support would seem to just put me back to square one, and it would be simpler and more cost effective to go out and purchase new printers, which I will do.

The Officejet 6000 seems to be a bad machine.  The software is overly complicated, and the machine takes way too long to set itself before printing.  I am surprised that HP would ever make a bad printer, but I think we just all need to throw in the towel and put a fork in the Officeject 6000.

Student
edsos
Message 12 of 13 (462 Views)

My officejet 6700 preminum  will not print in black becasue the printer says i need to replace the color inks.  How can I bypass this since I don't normaly print anything in color.

Honor Student
Ron1943
Message 13 of 13 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. My printer worked fine for months.  It did stop printing black before and I worked on it for hours and it worked again.  This time nothing helped.  It prints color fine Will Not Print Black

Win 7 pro on Dell XPS 8700

64 bit

Printer OfficeJet 6000 E609a   CB051A

HP says all my ink is full

I have installed all new ink c olor and black

changed printers and changed  back to the 6000

Used HP Tools and printed test page

Used HP Tools and Quality Diagnoctic Page

Used HP Tools and Aligned Printheads

Used HP Tools and Cleaned the Print heads twice (thee time as that what worked last time)

Used HP Tools Update and installed everything

I came to this group and went to every site recommended and tried several of the sloution offered there. NOTHING WORKS!!!!

Uninstalled All HP software and Printer

Download the full 200+ mg software and installed the whole thing

Still not printing Black -- color works

If I can not get an answer here I am on the way to purchse an Epson WF3540 as that is what my daughter uses in her photography studio and they threw out all their HP printers for just this kind of problem.. OK Can Anyone Help me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation