10-17-2012 09:43 AM
My Officejet 6500 E709 n All in One printer has stopped printing in color. I have replaced the cartridges, run the diagnostics, cleaned and additionally cleaned the printheads, all to no avail. Reading other posts about similar problems, my guess is that the printhead needs to be replaced. If so, where do I get one? Is this a problem that a ham-fisted, impatient, marginally savvy person should attempt?
10-18-2012 06:39 AM
Hi Tech-intolerant, you could try the HP part store to buy a new printhead (search for part no. CN643A). See the 'click this link' section at the top of the document below.
It's pretty straightforward to install a new printhead, you should be fine
Just FYI, some folks have found that soaking the printhead has solved similar issuses. Check out the post from Bob
Hope this helps, Ciara
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?