Question

Student
EarlyKlamathMan
Message 1 of 2 (337 Views)

Officejet 6500 Series Regulatory Model Number SNPRC-0801-01

Hello, 

I'm getting this notice: Ink System Failure.  "Please turn Printer Off and then On."  Doing this does not solve problem.  Each time this printer is turned off and then on the same failure message occurs.  A new HP printhead has been installed.  A recently opened black ink cartridge has been re installed.  Color cartridges are old and I'd suspect not feeding out ink.  Holding down the 3 and the * doesn't reset although the message changes for a moment.  

Question:  Is it necessary to start with all working cartridges to get past this ink failure?  We're reluctant to buy new color cartridges if we're still going to fail anyway.

Question:  Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, EarlyKlamathMan

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (326 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 Series Regulatory Model Number SNPRC-0801-01

I am sorry that you are having a problem with your printer. Here is a document for your model of printer that addresses the error message that you are receiving. On this document, since you did not mention an alphanumeric code with the message, I would choose “0xc19a0013 or no code displays with the Ink System, Failure error message” option and follow the steps in that drop down.  That choice goes over cleaning the printhead manually and other troubleshooting steps. Here is that link. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01458034&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3795314#N10...

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation