Question

Top Student
lporterrn
Message 1 of 5 (129 Views)

Officejet 6500 Won't print black

This is the 3rd time my hp officejet (product # CN557A) has stopped printing black. The first time,  I exhausted every suggestion and bought a new printer - my printer was a month out of warranty. The 2nd time we were able to resolve the problem. It just did it again and no luck.

Tried: checked vents, replaced ink cartridge, partial reset of printer, cleaned printhead, replaced printhead. 

Printer is 3 mos past warranty.

Any suggestions?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (113 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 Won't print black

The document here may help resolve black not printing on the Officejet 6500.  Be sure to check the vents.  If this does not resolve the issue the post here may help.

[Please DO NOT post multiple copies of the same issue, it clutters up the forum.]

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
lporterrn
Message 3 of 5 (110 Views)

Thanks Bob, but no luck. We tried these measures several times. It really iriritates me that both times this occurred within one to 4 months after the warranty expired and I am thinking planned obsolscence? 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (106 Views)

It would not be in HP's interest to have your printer fail shortly after warranty - they make more money if you are happily printing (with HP ink) for years and years....  Did you try soaking the printhead as described in this post?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
lporterrn
Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)

True, but I am frustrated. I've seen how many times this has been an issue for others, and it sickens me to have to retire et another young electronic device.

Soak it? Do you want to know how many times I've soaked it? At least 4, and one overnight. How many times have I change the ink? I have 3 new cartridges that are useless. We fixed this once before it was out of warranty, and feel quite competent at going through the suggested steps, esp since we have a success.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation