01-23-2014 07:03 AM
I am having the same problem as another user described below.
“HP Officejet 6500 stopped printing black
get alignment failure message
have tried new black cartridge
cleaned the jets
removed and cleaned the print heads
aligned the print heads
reinitialized printer - unplugged - held down # and 3 keys
all three color cartridges are empty and I print everything with black ink only/”
Printer was working fine, changed the black cartridge and now black ink won't print. The cartridge heads have all been cleaned but I get a failure message when I try to align the cartridges. I have gone through all of the steps on the "Fixings Streaks..." document you attached and still have the same problem. When I print the Print Quality Diagnostic Report I get all of the colored boxes and lines without a problem (including the black boxes around the colored squares at the bottom) but none of the black text at the top is printing.
All cartridges are HP Cartridges and the printer is directly conned with a USB cord to my laptop.
Please advise on next possible steps.
01-23-2014 08:25 AM
If you've tried all the steps and the printer is out of warranty, one thing that might be worth a shot is soaking the printhead. See details in the post below...
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
03-24-2014 10:31 PM
I had this problem as well. However, two additional conditions were also a problem. One: I have not been able for 3 years to intall the "Solution center" software. It looks like it is installed or a , I believe" a 1603 error. This is with all versions, including the 14.xxxx series (print is a officejet 6500). The second problem that came up was printing an Excel spreadsheet in landscape mode print the first 1.5 inch or so of the left side of spreadsheet, but in the portrait mode!!!
The solution for me was not obvious but worked. I completely removed the "not installed" "Solution center" software, reset the printer, told it again that on my printout was landscape for this file in the printer prefs and page setup (they were already set to landscape but I "refreshed" them again to make sure) and VOILA black text was printing again and the spreadsheet was printing correctly.
And just a note, I had tried most if not all of the "solutions" that worked for other people to no avail, except for buying a new print head.
01-30-2015 02:50 PM
I tried all of these and still nothing. The printerhead was pretty dirty, I don't know if there is more gunk inside but it seems ok. I got a fax and some how that came through but when I try t print or copy, the page is mostly blank.
When I clean printhead uder tools I get colored boxes all accross one end of the paper and the ink is fully filled in (all colored blocks) no black,
I am so stumped!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?