Question

Honor Student
garden-2009
Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500 Premier - only one printhead is displayed in 'Printheads Health' window

I changed the black/yellow printhead today in my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier printer.  When I closed the lid, the printer did its housekeeping thing, clicking away while it aligned heads, etc, and printed out a diagnostic sheet that looked terrific.

So I wanted to see what the HP Utility would report as the health of both printheads now.  Only the Cyan/Magenta printhead health was displayed, both before I changed the printhead and now after I changed the printhead.  The utility reported the Cyan/Magenta printhead was in GOOD condition, along with a green button.  

But there was no image of the Black/Yellow printhead at all, so no button showing the health of the printhead that I just installed.    

While I was installing the new printhead, I wiped off the gold contacts on the printer where the printhead's contacts would meet.  They were  clean.  

Any suggestions aboutwy the software does not display the health of BOTH printheads?  

My operating system is Mac OS X 10.6.8

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 Premier - only one printhead is displayed in 'Printheads Health' window

[ Edited ]

Hello garden-2009,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand only one printhead is displaying the health using the Officejet 8500. I will do my best to assist you! I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
garden-2009
Message 3 of 3 (63 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 Premier - only one printhead is displayed in 'Printheads Health' window

Hi, Cheetah12,

Last night I pressed the On/Off button to turn off the printer, removed the power cord from the back of the printer, and unplugged the power cord from the wall.  

This morning, I plugged everything back in, pressed the On/Off button, verified that the computer and printer were communicating, and launched the HP Utility.  

Still, only one icon (the Cyan/Magenta) for a printer head was displayed.  Since the diagnostic sheet looks perfect since i replaced the Black/Yellow printhead, I'm going to leave well enough alone.  I'm not going to go any further with this.  But thanks for the reply, anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation