08-18-2014 11:11 PM
I have multiple issues with my printer, most importantly, it won't print. If I haven't used it in a while, it will print about 3-8 pages. After that, some color will print, but black ink will not print, which is what I need the majority of the time. I've done the trouble shooting. Ink is good, printerheads cleaned multiple times, and still nothing. My warranty expired last year, so HP Customer service person, please don't respond with the trouble shooting link and warranty link. I've done it all.
Also my Document feeder to scan items doesn't not work. Just makes some loud noise, causes a jam, and gives me an error message.
Any assistance, mainly with the printing side, would be greatly appreciated.
08-19-2014 12:26 AM - edited 08-19-2014 12:29 AM
Have you done cleaning print head contacts manually too?
If the cleaning of print head contact doesn't solve , it would be worth to take a look at Bob_Headrick post for cleaning the print head manually since you have mentioned that your printer is out of warranty.
Even if after the physical cleaning of print head and you still are not able to print, purchasing new printhead will be the last option.
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?