Question

Student
badprinter69
Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500A Plus

I have multiple issues with my printer, most importantly, it won't print.   If I haven't used it in a while, it will print about 3-8 pages.  After that, some color will print, but black ink will not print, which is what I need the majority of the time.  I've done the trouble shooting.  Ink is good, printerheads cleaned multiple times, and still nothing.  My warranty expired last year, so HP Customer service person, please don't respond with the trouble shooting link and warranty link.  I've done it all.

Also my Document feeder to scan items doesn't not work.  Just makes some loud noise, causes a jam, and gives me an error message.

Any assistance, mainly with the printing side, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Teacher
Bryan_P
Message 2 of 2 (48 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500A Plus

[ Edited ]

Hi badprinter69,

If you have done the all the troubleshooting of Canot Prink Black Ink or Color Ink & Fixing PQ Problem and are using HP Geniune Ink Cartirdge, the problem is likely to be defective print head.

Have you done cleaning print head contacts manually too?

If the cleaning of print head contact doesn't solve , it would be worth to take a look at Bob_Headrick post for cleaning the print head manually since you have mentioned that your printer is out of warranty.

Even if after the physical cleaning of print head and you still are not able to print, purchasing new printhead will be the last option.

Regards,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation