Officejet Pro 8500A is not printing with Yellow cartridge. Full cartridge and good health ... (5364 Views)
Student
DucorDave
Message 1 of 8 (5,364 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500A is not printing with Yellow cartridge. Full cartridge and good health ...

[ Edited ]

I have an OfficeJet Pro 8500 which is not printing with the Yellow cartridge.  Printing with the Cyan, Magenta, and Black cartridges is fine.  Diagnostics show all cartridges properly installed and having adequate ink supplies.

I replaced the Yellow cartridge with a brand new XL cart, but to no avail.  I cleaned the orifice with Isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab, thinking perhaps there was some dried ink or an impurity there.  The problem still exists.

There are no error messages, either via software or at the printer itself.  The printer is out of warranty (imagine that!).

I have used HP products for well over 15 years, partly because HP support has been historically excellent.  After reading some of the posts on these forums, it seems that HP has allowed their support quality to diminish - significantly.  I hope that is not the case in real life.

Any ideas out there?

Student
cbgrove
Message 2 of 8 (5,335 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500A is not printing with Yellow cartridge. Full cartridge and good health ...

I am having the same problem with magenta.  The first part of the frustration is that when I ran out of Magenta, the printer would not let me print in Black and White.  Then when I replace magenta, it will print all colors but Magenta.  Tried unplugging, diagnostics, removing and re-inserting cartridge, etc... 

Student
computerguybt
Message 3 of 8 (5,308 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500A is not printing with Yellow cartridge. Full cartridge and good health ...

I'm having the same issue with the colors not printing. This is the second brand new printer I've tried and still doing the same thing. Ok HP, solution please?

Student
dgreenedc
Message 4 of 8 (5,254 Views)

I am having same problem. OfficeJet Pro 8500A Premium.  Not printing with Yellow. First replaced Yellow cartridge with new, then spoke with HP Support yesterday and was told that the Black and Yellow Printhead must need to be replaced, at a cost of $49.  New Printhead arrived today, inserted and still having same issue with YELLOW! So, for the cost of a new Multi-Pack of print cartridges (which had the Yellow I used to replace the low ink), and the new Printhead, I could have purchased a NEW CANNON PRINTER.  I have used HP Products for over 20 years - both professionally (HP Plotters) and at home (always HP Printers, Scanners, Multi-devices, etc.  I am VERY frustrated!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 8 (5,233 Views)

Hi folks

Have you followed the troubleshooting in the link below?

Troubleshooting print quality issues

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
JET73
Message 6 of 8 (5,126 Views)

This seems to be the same problem I'm having and it's disappointing to see that there isn't a reply from HP anywhere under this heading.

I'm reluctant to replace the printhead, since it seems that this is unlikely to solve the problem and I'm also reluctant to fork out for a service charge for what seems like a known manufacturing fault.

Come on HP: help us out here - we're your customers!!!

Top Student
asmith9141
Message 7 of 8 (4,072 Views)

I am having the same problem with a cyan cartridge.  No change in anything - not even a new cartridge but 1/2 full still.  same paper, same setup, but suddenly no blue.  have gone thru 1st 2 levels of cleaning - no streaking in any other colors, but blue will not print.

Student
areshia
Message 8 of 8 (1,304 Views)

I have the same problems new ink new head and no change 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation