11-07-2013 12:59 PM
The black ink recently ran out. I replaced it, the ink cartridge was no good took it back to the store exchanged it for a new one and the printer worked fine the rest of the day. The following moring I came in and the printer had a error message that said General Printer Error with 2 solutions the first one being to turn the printer off un-plug the power from the printer plug back in and turn device back on. and solution 2 to contact HP support. I have done both and after being on the phone with HP for 2 hours yesterday the printer is still not working. i was told that I needed to do the update on the printer whichI did do and it took around an hours at that time it was time for me to leave so I let it finish over night and then when I came in this moring I have the same error message on theprinter. I have tried to use the old cartridge to see if it would work on the printer and I now have the same error message with that cartridge.
HELP!!!! I am tring to finish end of moth and this is putting me WAY behind
11-07-2013 01:55 PM
Please try the below steps ..
- while the printer is ON, remove the ink cartridges and the printhead.
Remove and reinstall the cartridges
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on. Wait until the warm-up sequence finishes and your printer is quiet before you proceed.
- Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull to open the cartridge access door. Allow the carriage to move to the cartridge access area, and the carriage stops moving.Figure 18: The slot on the side of the printer
- Press in on the front of a cartridge to release it, and then pull it toward you to remove it from its slot. Repeat this step for each cartridge.CAUTION:Do not leave the cartridges outside of the printer for an extended period. This can result in damage to both the printer and the cartridges.Figure 19: Remove the cartridges
- Check for and remove obstructions under and around the carriage.
- Slide the cartridge into its slot, and then gently push it forward until it clicks into place. Make sure that the colored dot on the cartridge label matches the colored dot on the slot.Figure 20: Insert the cartridge into its color-coded slotAll cartridges must be seated correctly in the printhead assembly. If one cartridge sticks out farther than another, it is not installed correctly. Make sure that you push the cartridge forward into the printhead again until it clicks into place.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Check if the issue exists. If yes, then while printer is ON, you may unplug the power cord from back of the printer .
- Wait for full 60 seconds.
- Plug in the power cord to the printer. If printer does not power ON, then press the Power button once .
If issue still persists, please call HP Tech Support for further assistance.
If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .
If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies