Question

Honor Student
frphil
Message 1 of 8 (1,032 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus--message "Missing or failed printhead" Corrections no help OSX10.6

Tried the corrections that were suggested both on the machine and on the web-site. No help.

The cartridges are HP...

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 8 (1,011 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus--message "Missing or failed printhead" Corrections no help OSX

Just want to make sure, have you followed all the steps in this article: A 'Missing or Failed Printhead' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One If you have let me know the results. Only other option would to be trying a reset of the printer. 

Thanks,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
frphil
Message 3 of 8 (1,006 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus--message "Missing or failed printhead" Corrections no help OSX

Followed all the steps, both on the display on the printer, and online. None worked. Called HP, and was led through the same steps again. None worked. That was yesterday noon. Am now unpacking the replacement printer. So...we'll see....

Whatever--the service was good, and prompt.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 8 (991 Views)

Well im glad to hear your got a quick replacement. If you have any other issues let me know. Did HP phone support provide any reset steps to you?

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
frphil
Message 5 of 8 (984 Views)

Yes--I went through the four (as I remember) steps that I had found either on the  screen of the printer itself or online, and had done previously myself. As this still didn't work, they sent a replacement printer. Called them about noon on Tuesday, had the printer late Wednesday, and sent the old one back this morning. Very good service....hopefully something that won't have to be done again...

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 8 (982 Views)

Ok well there are actual reset codes that need to be accessed through a service menu. These typically arae only given out on support calls. No problem though, I glad to hear you have a good experience with support. 

Let me know if you run into any other issues or just have any questions.

Take care,

Sean

Student
Vulcan2000
Message 7 of 8 (612 Views)

I have the exact same issue with this printer.  Bought the printer in Sept last year for a summer home.  Printed about 20 pages last year, and about 20 or so this year, and then got the same error.

We have spent the last few days following everything that was suggested, to no avail.

What do we need to do?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 8 of 8 (600 Views)

Hi Vulcan2000, have you tried the steps suggested by Sean (see link below)

A 'Missing or Failed Printhead' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One 

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation