Question

Honor Student
dbcolorado
Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

During my initial installation of the brand new printer, I got the message "Alignment Was Unsuccessful".

The option was to manually align later, so I did that to finish the installation.

When I go back to manually aign, I still get the same message.

I am using the cartidges that came with the printer.

I took them out & re-installed them, but still the same message.

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 2 of 4 (173 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

Hi dbcolorado,

Please try the steps from this guide: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02887142

However, since your printer is brand new, I would call phone support if this document doesn't work and/or says you're at the point of having to purchase replacement parts.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
Honor Student
dbcolorado
Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

Thank you.  I followed your first link and went thru all the steps with no luck.

I then followed your second link with all the HP phone numbers.

That is nice to have.

I called Support and they suggested installing new print cartridges that I happen to buy with the new printer.

The alignment still was unsuccessful, so they are sending me a new print head with all new cartidges.

Hopefully that will solve it! 

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 4 of 4 (155 Views)

The alignment still was unsuccessful, so they are sending me a new print head with all new cartidges. Hopefully that will solve it! 

Oh for sure, I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you with the printer.  Take care, and thanks for posting in the forums - feel free to drop by anytime. :smileyhappy:

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation