Question

Honor Student
REBJr
Message 1 of 5 (3,961 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8600 print cartridge error

one or more cartridges appear to be damaged K.  Message appeared after replacing the exhausted original black setup cartridge.  I replaced the replacement cartridge with a new cartridge to no avail.  I cleaned the contacts and even replaced all the original setup cartridges, again to no avail.  This is a wireless network printer and the PC uses a windows  7 home premium OS.  This appears to a printer problem not connected to the PC or OS.  This is the 2nd HP printer i have that has the same problem.  Any suggestions except replacing the printer?

Grad Student
aks3621
Message 2 of 5 (3,947 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 print cartridge error

Hi,

Thank you for posting , you can get the printheads replaced instead of getting the entire printer replaced.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 3 of 5 (3,927 Views)

@ REBjr.  - I understand that you are getting error message on the printer that is related to the print cartridges.  Are you using genuine HP non refilled ink in the printer? I would  start by doing a  hard reset to the product in an attempt to restore the printer to a known working condition and try to clear the error message prior to replacing any parts.  Here is a document that will provide the steps to the hard reset.  Also, is there residue on the black cartridge?  If so, I would look at this link here. It addresses getting an ink cartridge error message on the printer when trying to install a new black cartridge in the machine. I hope that this helps.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
REBJr
Message 4 of 5 (3,910 Views)

Dear Shirtzz1,

Thank you very much, resetting fixed the problem.

Regards,

REBJr

Intern
HP-CompaqPC
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

Hi,

Do you still have these links?   The ones in the "solution" reply no longer work or link to anywhere.

I'm having same problem, but with Officejet J6480. And keep trying brand new black cartridges (right cartridge).

Thanks so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation