Question

Honor Student
REBJr
Message 1 of 4 (3,661 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8600 print cartridge error

one or more cartridges appear to be damaged K.  Message appeared after replacing the exhausted original black setup cartridge.  I replaced the replacement cartridge with a new cartridge to no avail.  I cleaned the contacts and even replaced all the original setup cartridges, again to no avail.  This is a wireless network printer and the PC uses a windows  7 home premium OS.  This appears to a printer problem not connected to the PC or OS.  This is the 2nd HP printer i have that has the same problem.  Any suggestions except replacing the printer?

Grad Student
aks3621
Message 2 of 4 (3,647 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 print cartridge error

Hi,

Thank you for posting , you can get the printheads replaced instead of getting the entire printer replaced.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 3 of 4 (3,627 Views)

@ REBjr.  - I understand that you are getting error message on the printer that is related to the print cartridges.  Are you using genuine HP non refilled ink in the printer? I would  start by doing a  hard reset to the product in an attempt to restore the printer to a known working condition and try to clear the error message prior to replacing any parts.  Here is a document that will provide the steps to the hard reset.  Also, is there residue on the black cartridge?  If so, I would look at this link here. It addresses getting an ink cartridge error message on the printer when trying to install a new black cartridge in the machine. I hope that this helps.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
REBJr
Message 4 of 4 (3,610 Views)

Dear Shirtzz1,

Thank you very much, resetting fixed the problem.

Regards,

REBJr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation