Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This problem was not and has not been solved!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I have the same error and canot print nor correct it.  The cartridges are HP, non-refilled and were working just fine yesterday.

Is the solution Tp Secret and cannot be publically shared?  At $90 for replacement cartridges, 1/2 the cost of a new printer, we need to get every last drop out of them.

HP - how can this error be cleared?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're experiencing a cartridge error on your Envy 110 printer. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but will certainly do my best to help you.

There are many steps that can be tried to rectify this issue, you can follow this 'Cartridge Problem' document for cleaning and reseating steps. If you reach the end and the error persists, try removing both cartridges, doing a hard reset, and then reinsert the cartridges once the printer tells you they are missing.

Another step to try is making sure the printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting enough power to function properly.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

None of this works. I've tried it all. Mine are refilled cartridges, only refilled once professionally and are perfectly fine. This is still about an HP ink monopoly. We should be able to "ruin" our printer with refilled cartridges, if we so desire. The printer is cheap, it's the ink that's expensive.

I've bought a new printer, but it still irritates me and colors my image of HP negatively.

HP Recommended
I have done ALL recommendations several times.
ALWAYS using genuine HP cartridges.
Such a waste of money.
Lets call is what it is. An Envy looks pretty but is just not worth 10 bucks to buy!!
I have moved on, HP has lost me as a customer.
No one is genuinely willing to help with this problem. Just the same rubbish repeated over and over again.
Very disappointing!!!!!
HP Recommended
I gave up and bought 2 new cartridges - $80+ bucks. I just needed to print. That cleared the erroneous error.

But I won't be buying anymore cartridges for this printer. Time to move on. The lack of support. The ridiculous inability to press OK to accept any supposed liability (even though I WAS using new HP CARTRIDGES), has turned me off to HP.

I'll look for a new high quality, AIRPRINT capable printer from Epson, Canon or Brother.
HP Recommended

Hi folks, if you've followed the troubleshooting and suspect the issue is with the cartridges then you could contact Phone Support. If they are genuine HP (not refills) and within warranty you may be entitled to a replacement.

Wty ends dates.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

This private email that magically solved the problem (which I'm also facing). Is it some big secret that can't be posted on the forum? If so can you send me the same email (email edited by moderator) so I can get past this annoying message? Thanks.

HP Recommended

I followed the steps given, yet the error message remains. The message noted above occurred only after I decided to replace an ink cartridg that was not low, anyway I have not been able to print, copy or scan.

Please help.

EXYZ

HP Recommended
I never could get the Envy 110 to work properly even with non-expired cartridges, and HP was useless for Customer Service with this problem.
I gave my Envy 110 away! Since then I have had two other printers and now have an Envy 120 which is working well-- no problems!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.