Question

Honor Student
elhatch
Message 1 of 4 (111 Views)

PHOTOSMART6510 e-ALL-IN-ONE-SERIES

MY PRINTER IS TELLING ME THAT IT IS MISSING A PRINTHEAD.   IS IT TRYING TO TELL ME THAT SOME OF THE INK IS LOW OR IS THERE ANOTHER PROBLEM.  WHEN I CHECK ON THE INK, ONE OF THEM IS GETTING LOW BUT IF THERE IS SOME OTHER PROBLEM i AM HESITANT TO BUY MORE INK BECAUSE IT IS SO EXPENSIVE.  THANK YOU

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: PHOTOSMART6510 e-ALL-IN-ONE-SERIES

Hi there elhatch, welcome to the forums:smileyhappy:

I understand you are seeing a message on your Photosmart 6510 saying that there is a missing printhead and also seeing one of the cartridges as being low in ink. Below is a guide that I would suggest you follow for this issue.

'Ink Alert' or 'Low on Ink' Message Displays on the Computer or the Control Panel

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
elhatch
Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)

I am more concerned that there might be something wrong with a "printhead" than the ink supply.  I cannot see buying more ink because it is so expensive and have it not solve the problem.  I can get a lot of different brands of printers that have cheaper ink than HP but I would rather not have to do that because my printer is only 2 years old and I don't print very often.  If seems that your products should be a lot more durable than that.  Especially since it costs half of the purchase price just to replace 3 or 4 ink cartridges.  Please give me an answer as to the "printhead".  Can it be replaced and at what cost.  Thank you, Linnea

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (33 Views)

Hello Linnea,

The best suggestion I have for you would be to contact HP directly, as I mentioned in my last post. They would have the best option for you in regards to a new printhead, replacement or trade in.

They will let you know what your options are.

Have a great Thursday:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation