Question

Honor Student
melba93
Message 1 of 6 (8,500 Views)

Part number for HP photosmart plus b209a-m printhead?Is it the same as other 564 cartridge users?

After an inordinate amount of time I found the supposed printhead part number is CN643A. But the printer is not listed on the compatible printers list on the parts page. There is no information in the window other than some cryptic words (MARLEY OJ PHA), and of course, a price. A search on Amazon finds this part is not for photosmart plus printers. So, is this part interchangeable for all 564 cartridge users or is the printer no longer supported by the parts store? At this point, I can probably spend $45 on a kodak printer and be done with the aggravation.

Grad Student
LidNe
Message 2 of 6 (8,496 Views)

Re: Part number for HP photosmart plus b209a-m printhead?Is it the same as other 564 cartridge users

That is the correct replacement printhead for your B209A. If you haven't seen it already, take a look at this support doc, on printhead replacement for your printer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01763306&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3777182&tmp...

You ask if the CN643A is the correct printhead for other 564 cartridge users. It actually isn't the right part number for all printers that use these cartridges - there are some printers (like the B209A) that use 4 cartridges, and others that use 5. There is a different part number for the 5-ink printers.

I work on HP's behalf.
Student
guidocp
Message 3 of 6 (8,066 Views)

Re: Part number for HP photosmart plus b209a-m printhead?Is it the same as other 564 cartridge users

I´ve been looking for the right part number for the printhead of a HP Photosmart B209A and wasn't able to confirm it. I found places where CN642A is given but the B209A isn't listed. My printer has 4 places for cartridges. What's the right nr so?

Grad Student
LidNe
Message 4 of 6 (8,031 Views)

It's part number CN643A - see the link in the post above for the document on replacing the printhead. 

I work on HP's behalf.
Honor Student
dramaroq
Message 5 of 6 (4,239 Views)

I have a B-209a printer with what I think is a bad print head.  I bought the printer new for my wife but due to moves and putting it in storage it was out of warranty before we could get it out and hooked up for use.  It has a four cartridge print head not five like some do.  What is the part number for the 4 cartridge printer?  Is it

CN 643a or is it CN642a?

I just spent an hour+ on the phone with an HP person  who ran me through all of the checks and she determined what I was pretty sure of that the print head is bad.  As I look at the print head, the black cartidge spot seems to be missing the little round pad that the other three colors have.  The printer will not print black ink. 

Can you help me with getting a valid part number for the 4 cartidge B209a printer, please?

Grad Student
LidNe
Message 6 of 6 (4,126 Views)

You need a CN643A for a 4 ink printer. In the US, you can purchase from the HP Parts store: http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/

Here's a support doc on replacing this printhead: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01763306&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

I work on HP's behalf.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation