Question

Honor Student
jenjoelmo
Message 1 of 5 (2,745 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 2575 keeps showing paper jam/carriage jam error

I've tried all the steps in the solutions area - there is no paper stuck and I've cleaned the rollers.  I noticed the carriage keeps jamming on the right.  It seems a little latch keeps coming forward.  When i unplug the printer, i can't move the printer carriage at all.  Any suggestions?

Grad Student
Kryten
Message 2 of 5 (2,738 Views)

Re: Photosmart 2575 keeps showing paper jam/carriage jam error

Hi,

I'm trying to remember back about 5-6 years ago when these printers 1st came out.  I just popped into our lab and found an old one. If the carriage keeps jamming on the right then there may be a problem with the gearing & what you may have identified as a latch may be part of a clutch mechanism that switches the gears from moving the paper to moving the service station inside the printer.

The normal home position of the carriage when the printer is idle is on the left hand side so I think that the jamming on the right could be due to the carriage locking up against the clutch mechanism. Going on the information you have given this probably needs to be looked at in a repair centre.

I may be wrong but I am guessing that your printer is no longer within warranty.  Please try this link to pick the option that best suits you.

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/309992-0-0-225-121.html

Sorry I could not be of more help.

(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Honor Student
jenjoelmo
Message 3 of 5 (2,735 Views)

Thank you - I thought that was it but was hoping it was an easier fix!  I appreciate your input!

Student
corrigan1942
Message 4 of 5 (771 Views)

I have a photosmart 5514 all in one printer paper jam when there is non then goes to garrige jam  its a warrenty replacement and hp dont want to know they want me to pay 23£ for phone support with no guarantee this the the third hp printer i have had trouble with are hp printers a load of s..t looking for support on customer support is a waste of time can any body help me 

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 5 of 5 (755 Views)

Hi corrigan1942,

I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering a paper jam message with your Photosmart 5514.

I have included a document regarding how to clear a paper jam.  It gives you pictures of the areas that need to be checked to ensure that a scrap of paper hasn't gotten lodged somewhere on the inside of the printer.  I have also included a document regarding how to trouble shoot a carriage jam message.

A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02865752

A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02865805

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation