Question

Student
Bella313
Message 1 of 4 (788 Views)

Photosmart 5510 All-in One Series printer.

We just purchased/installed a Photosmart 5510 All-in One Series printer. We keep getting a pop-up message on our Mac computer saying "New ... set-up cartridge installed. It is recommended that you align. Click on Align."  No matter what we do, we keep getting the pop-ups!  We have already followed the procedure to Align and we are getting exceptionally weary of the pop-ups.  I have tried changing the settings for error messages and haven't found the right combination yet!  HELP!

Student
gavnone
Message 2 of 4 (781 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5510 All-in One Series printer.

I'm having this exacty same issue, every 30 minutes to 1 hour, I keep receiving a pop-up window that tells me my 564XL cartridges have been changed and to please print an aignment page. The last time I changed my cartridges was 2 days go, and I performed an alignment at that time. I have owned my own I.T. Consulting business for the last 14 years, so I am very familiar with the process of printer alignment, I do it for my custmers all the time.

How can this "alignment issue" be solved?

Student
oteje
Message 3 of 4 (742 Views)

I have the same issue with this printer. I contacted HP via the chat support.  They were very helpful but were not able to resolve the issue.  They said it was likely that the printer carriage was faulty and are sending me a new printer and cartridges.  I'm disappointed that we couldn't fix the issue, but I'm pleased with their customer service.

Honor Student
nickrutland
Message 4 of 4 (501 Views)

I have had the same issue with the 5510 and after finding the forum and no solution went back to the HP utility interface. After some looking around I discovered that this issue can be solved (for me at least) by selecting the device, going to the 'message center', selecting 'settings' and then changing the 'alert settings' to shut off those extremely annoying messages. So far so good...

Cheers

Nick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation