Question

Honor Student
HopelessinMA
Message 1 of 10 (743 Views)

Photosmart 5510 B111a won't print black ink

[ Edited ]

This is precisely what has happened to my 5510 B111a as well.  I also ran all of the diagnostics and the suggested fixes.  Still... same outcome.  I'm past the warranty period... is there anything I can do?  I'm reluctant to spend to have it serviced (particularly since I just dropped 4 new cartridges into it).  I'm not sure how much more $$ to invest in a fix.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 10 (703 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5510 B111a won't print black ink

Hi HopelessinMA,

I understand you have a Photosmart 5510 that isn't printing black any longer. I'm sorry to hear this, but I will certainly do my best to help you!

It sounds like you have covered most steps, but just to be safe, please have a look through this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document as well as this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document.

If you have tried everything in those two documents, personally I would say your money is better invested in upgrading your printer. If interested, you can do so via HP Tech Support, just inquire about the trade in and trade up program.

Hope this helps, have a great weekend!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 10 (661 Views)

@HopelessinMA

I'm going to send you a private message (check out envelope at top right)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
CanViet
Message 4 of 10 (617 Views)

MissTeriLynn,

I have the same problem. I tried all your suggestions and clean the printheads, still print out a blank page only.

So HP don't know how to solve this problem, and you suggest us to buy another printer? Shouldn't HP recall all those printers and figuring out the solution? and not selling the Photosmart 5510B111a? or at least reimburse us for the HP cartridges we just spent?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 10 (601 Views)

@CanViet 

Is the printer within warranty? You can check by entering the serial no. below....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
CanViet
Message 6 of 10 (586 Views)

My warranty ended last year.

Do you have an answer for the problem of why the printer does not print black? I did the test page  and it printed out pages with colors, but not black.

Honor Student
Sparrer
Message 7 of 10 (545 Views)

Hi all

Replaced black ink on my Photosmart 5510 last week.  Worked perfectly.  Last printed 2 days ago.  Today - no black!

I've spent many fun hours scouring the forum topics related to this issue which seems to be a hot topic.  Please can someone send me the necessary hardware reset solution.  I've done the 'hard reset'.  I've done all the cleaning routines and diagnostics from all the other posts without success.

I'll try standing on one leg and howling at the moon if it helps, but I'd really like a hardware reset to cure this bug.

Thanks in advance.

Sparrer

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 8 of 10 (485 Views)

Hi Sparrer,

Standing on one leg and howling at the moon is the solution, but you have to hop too!  {kidding of course :smileyhappy:

If you are still experiencing an issue printing black, please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back with your warranty status. Use the following link to check your warranty.

If your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please also include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 9 of 10 (416 Views)

Hi Sparrer,

Was the issue you were experiencing get resolved? 

If not and your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Sparrer
Message 10 of 10 (404 Views)

Sorry.  I got fed up waiting for any sort of constructive, non-repetitive solution to my problem.  I've binned the 5510 and bought an alternative.

I won't trouble you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation