Photosmart 5510 won't print black. (7181 Views)
Honor Student
lexisch
Message 1 of 4 (7,181 Views)

Photosmart 5510 won't print black.

Installed new black cartridge.  I've printed with both wireless and local.  we've gone from nothing to a light gray.  Changed the cartridges to make sure it wasn't a bad cartridge.  Done the alignment a few times. 

Printed from both Windows 7 and iPad.

Unplugged, and replugged.  No difference.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (7,174 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5510 won't print black.

[ Edited ]

See the troubleshooting steps in this page.  If that does not resolve your issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
toocomplicated9
Message 3 of 4 (4,580 Views)

Bought a replacement black ink HP cartridge, but the printer is printing light blue. The coloured ink has not run out, surely I do not have to replace these.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 4 (4,531 Views)

Hi toocomplicated9,

What are the estimated ink levels for each cartridge ( in % full ) according to the printer?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation