Question

Honor Student
susieQ19
Message 1 of 4 (146 Views)

Photosmart 5515 problems removing message on front screen

I changed the cartridges (all colours) on my printer with an unbranded make and a message came on printer screen 'Used or counterfeit cartidges, original HP ink depleted. Today I have replaced all cartidges with HP brand and I still have a message and colours showing on the screen which I can't get rif of. Have left printer on and unplugges lead from back of printer and left for about 5 mins. Plugged back in and still same on screen. Have pressed OK button but nothing happens. Help!!!!

Grad Student
Kryten
Message 2 of 4 (136 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5515 problems removing message on front screen

Hi susieQ19,

It might be a good idea to turn off the printer completely and then unplug the power from the wall socket.  Wait about 30 seconds and then plug the printer back in and then turn the printer by pressing the power button on the unit.

This should reset the printer and the message should disappear.

If it does not then try rebooting / restarting your computer.  There may have been some driver communication issue that happened when the other cartridges were used.

I hope that this helps.

(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Honor Student
susieQ19
Message 3 of 4 (127 Views)

Hi, Tried both of nthose, still no joy. Any other suggestions appreciated before I throw it through the window.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)

Hi Susie

Strange that you can't OK the message, as usually it's possible to OK it and continue printing. More details in the link below...

Used or Counterfeit Cartridge message

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Are-you-seeing-a-Used-or-Counterfe...

Are you using the latest firmware for this printer (released ~Jan'13)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5063...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation