Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My photosmart 6510 will not print in black. I presumed that it was the cartridge but I have replaced the cartridge and it still won't print. I have cleaned the printheads and the ink levels for the cartridge are full. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Running the printhead cleaning from the printer touchscreen did not work.  But when I sat at my computer and used the print utility program, it did.  I ran an initial printhead cleaning from my computer and then clicked the button that indicated that the printheads were NOT yet clean.  It then ran a deeper cleaning process.  I then aligned the printheads from the same print utility program.  Now it works!

View solution in original post

93 REPLIES 93
HP Recommended

Hi

Please perform the below step on the printer touch screen

Please perform the below step on the printer touch screen, while you performing the steps both keys are invisible or not lit up

(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81KY%2BvZACkL._AA1500_.jpg)

Touch Reverse or Undo arrow key (Bottom Left)
Touch Little home icon (Top Left)
Then touch Reverse or Undo arrow key (Bottom Left)
Again touch the Reverse or undo (Bottom Left) Buttons, in sequence.

You will see support menu listed on the printer touch screen

Touch Support Menu.
Press Right arrow for Reset Menu and Touch OK.
Press Right arrow for Parital  Reset and Touch OK.
Wait for unit to Power Down/Turn Off.
Press Power button to turn the Printer On.

Select Engligh language and USA Country -- select Yes to print alingment page -- select yes to setup if the printer is connected wireless, select Printer -- and go thru the process.

Regards
Justin
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution : )
HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem but only geting black print and no colours

i tried the above procedure but still have the problem , do you have a different suggestion for this problem ?

thanks

HP Recommended

further to the above i did a semi full reset and got a message that the alignment was not completed correctly

would appreciate any ideas

thanks

HP Recommended
I have done all the above and black still prints in light grey. Ready to throw printer off a bridge. Anyone with a solution?
HP Recommended

This 6510 printer is about one year old.

The black ink is not printing either in photos or text.

I have replaced the cartridge twice, checked for firmware updates, cleaned the printheads, and updated the drivers.

All the cartridges are new.

It is attached via usb cable to my Windows 7 system which is working fine,

Do not know what to do here but I need this prinetr to work and I cannot afford to keep buying new printers every year.

HP Recommended

My Photosmart 6510 is not printing in black.  I changed the cartridge and still not black.  I went through the partial reset instructions and still no black.  I get a message on the touch screen "Cartidgres are not calibrated for best print quality." and then touch "OK" to continue.

Can someone help me with this issue.  My printer is less than a year old.

Thank you.

**bleep**

HP Recommended

I also have the same printer less than one year old with the same defect. Tried all the above suggestions with the same results, no black ink printing. This is my second HP printer with less than one year life. If someone has suggestions please advise, otherwise I will switch to another brand.

HP Recommended

I found a fix that I'm hoping is not just temporary.  I had tried using the printer screen to run the Clean Printheads process, with no luck.  But then I sat at my computer and opened the print utility and ran the cleaning program from there.  After the first cleaning, I clicked on the button that indicated that it was not clean yet, and it ran a deeper cleaning.  Now my printer prints in black again!  My sister had the same problem and also ran the align printheads process, and it fixed her problem of not printing, too.

HP Recommended

Running the printhead cleaning from the printer touchscreen did not work.  But when I sat at my computer and used the print utility program, it did.  I ran an initial printhead cleaning from my computer and then clicked the button that indicated that the printheads were NOT yet clean.  It then ran a deeper cleaning process.  I then aligned the printheads from the same print utility program.  Now it works!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.