Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where is this print utility?

I cannot find it.

It isn't in "Set Preferences" or "Customize your printer"

Thanks in advance.

Kate

HP Recommended

On my Mac, it is Applications/Utilities/HP Utility/

Open HP Utility and run Clean Printheads.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I don't have a MAC!  Now I am down to 10% of my color cartridges and I have yet been able print anything.   A couple of more cleanings and I will be out of color.

I will just buy another printer as this is the second set of catridges color and the third black that I have bought with no result.

Thanks though for your reply! I was surprised to see all the posts from people with the same problem as me. I will cut my losses and buy another printer. Not HP though!

HP Recommended
I assume you have somewhere on your computer the software that came with printer that allows you to print from your computer. Do a search for HP Utility. I know how frustrating it is when things don't work. Don't give up.
HP Recommended

I have done everything for this Printer, even used a damp cloth to unclogg.  HP this is something you failed on.  You should have addressed this and helped your customers.  Maybe you think this will just be short term problem, but I can tell you that you have done some long term damage to your company becuase peolpe will not be coming back to you.  I have spent hours and hours (10hrs maybe...), about 3 mornings waking up before work and troubleshooting this,  and you've wasted my time and money.  But worst of all, you haven't come out and given your customers a solution, which is the a horrible company deicision.  I used to think HP was a reputable company, I'll be going to a Canon or Brother.   This should be blasted all over facebook and the web, HP needs to take responsibiltiy for this.  

I'm exhausted,

Kevin

HP Recommended

Strangely I have also developed this problem.  I have found that you can fool the printer by selecting Advance Photo Paper as the medium. This works, although it is slower. Also, you lose the double side facility.

Not ideal, but in the absence of any help from HP it at least uses your ink supply until you buy a new (non-hp) printer!

HP Recommended

@romer48 wrote:

Strangely I have also developed this problem.  I have found that you can fool the printer by selecting Advance Photo Paper as the medium. This works, although it is slower. Also, you lose the double side facility.

Not ideal, but in the absence of any help from HP it at least uses your ink supply until you buy a new (non-hp) printer!

@romer48 

Can I please ask if your printer is in warranty?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

The last trick also worked for me.

Unfortunatly this was already the second 6510, the first one was returned back to HP because of problems.

I do not like commenting when you just had these problems as a lot of time and effort get in to it. But I think when the ink is finished I will end my long history of owning a HP printer. All my last printers had problems.

HP Recommended

This did not work for me.  This is my third Photosmart 6510...two replaced under warranty; all for the same issue.  Now I am no longer under warranty.  I have tried everything that everyone has suggested with no success.  Regretfully, I just spent $60 on all new cartridges and now the black won't print...again.  I can't believe HP does not have a fix for this as it has obviously affected many 6510 owners.  What a waste of time, effort and money.  No more HP's for me.

HP Recommended

This did not work for me.  I'll keep trying different ideas.  This is very frustrating. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.