Question

Top Student
Bucket61
Message 1 of 7 (326 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 6510

My 6510 has stopped printing in black ink. I've tried all the suggested fixes from both this forum, HP site and the internet and none have worked. Briefly I've tried: new cartridge, check vent on cartridge, run print head clean - numerous times, align print head - this always fails and you end up in a loop, reload the software, tried alternative driver, followed the reset instructions, cleaned the head as suggested with a Q tip. Nothing works.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 7 (315 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6510

Hi Bucket61,

I see you are posting again after I had worked with you previously.   Bucket61 wrote: My 6510 has also stopped printing black. Tried all the suggested fixes but nothing w... 

On May 19th 2014 I sent you a private message and it looks to me that you had read it the following day. (Read: ‎05-20-2014 03:24 PM)

I never heard back from you, thus I imagined the issue was resolved. Please tell me, what happened since we last spoke?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Bucket61
Message 3 of 7 (304 Views)

I believe you asked for my location etc to which I replied. I subsequently had a response from HP in the US offering me a goodwill giftcardfor $100 Unfortunately as I'm in the UK I was unable to use it. I eventually managed to contact HP in the UK who would not match the kind offer made by the US and offered a discount on a new printer which they said was equivalent to the US offer but in fact is only equivalent if I spend $400 on a new printer! I contacted HP UK via facebook as customer services UK have ignored all my emails. It was one of the contacts who use the HP facebook page who suggested I made a new post on the forum to try and resolve the issue. As I previously stated none of the suggested fixes work which is why presumably I was offered the giftcard.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 7 (290 Views)

Hi Bucket61,

I have sent you another private message. Please check your forums inbox. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 7 (265 Views)

Hi  @Bucket61

I see you're based in the UK. I'm going to follow up with you by private msg.

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
Bucket61
Message 6 of 7 (208 Views)

I have sent you a PM but would like to say thank you publicly as the matter is now resolved.:smileyhappy:

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 7 of 7 (197 Views)

Well thanks to you as well Bucket61, for your patience and loyalty to HP.

I know it can be frustrating when something doesn't work as it should, or as we expect it to, but I am glad we got the issue resolved. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums, and for taking the time to work with me.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation