Question

Student
Twnealjr
Message 1 of 4 (1,564 Views)

Photosmart 6520 clogged print head

I tried an ink cartridge refill service and I think I have clogged up the black print head on my hp Photosmart 6520. The 'clean print head' tool has proven ineffective after numerous tries. Is there any way to remove and manually clean the print head on this device. The black ink us not printing at all. Thank you for any help.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (1,547 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6520 clogged print head

The document here may help resolve the issue.  The printhead in the Photosmart 6520 is not removable.

Be aware that damage caused to the printer caused by third party ink is not covered by HP warranty. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
lucky_day
Message 3 of 4 (1,401 Views)

Does the 6520 have programming that intentionally fowls up printing ability or quality if non-OEM cartridges are used?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (1,397 Views)

lucky_day wrote:

Does the 6520 have programming that intentionally fowls up printing ability or quality if non-OEM cartridges are used?

Certainly not.  That said, it is certainly possible for non-compatible ink to cause problems.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation